green smoothies are a good sources of minerals and vitamins and the quickest and most healthy meal you can get! it only takes 5-10 minutes to turn a bunch of good stuff to a vital energy boost! you can put the smoothie in a jar and take it wherever you want. its the best fast food and snack to put an extra pep in your step.
what to blend in a green smoothie
- greens: lettuce, rocket, spinach, lollo rosso, kale, beet leaves, cucumber, celery, leaves of carrots and kohlrabi, basil, parsley, mint, sage, lemon balm, dandelion, beansprouds, nori, wheatgrass…
- fruits and berries: apple, pear, grapes, peach, banana, orange, kiwifruit, pineapple, blueberries, pomegranate, papaya, dragonfruit, mango, raspberries, cherries, lemon…
- spices: cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, vanillin, chilli, cayenne…
- sweetener: agave syrup, stevia, sugar beet syrup…
- dried fruits: raisins, dates, goiji berries, apricots, cranberries…
- seeds: hempseed, chiaseed, flaxseed…
- powder: spirulina, chlorella, guarana, maca…
- don´t use:
milk, soymilk, protein powder, vegatable oil, animal protein, cooked fruits and vegetables, proccesed food
you put all the raw ingredients you wish in a blender with a glas of water and blend it up for 3 min. at the begining its good to use the pulse button if your mixxer has one or start and stop it to blend it up smooth
positive effects on your body
green smoothies contain, like their name says, a lot of green leaves, which are full of vital substances. one of it is chlorophyll. this is a real treat for your body, cause it has the same structure as your red blood cells and helps to rebuild them.
green smoothies gives us necessary nutrients and antioxidants to neutralize toxics and stay young, fit and healthy. they also help to lose weight cause they are low in calories. but full of fibre. they also help to stop cravings for unhealthy food cause they fuel you up with all the good staff you need.
having a smoothie is a good way to stay hydrated, especially during summer. they boost your energy, aid your digestion and improve muscle recovery after workouts.
green orange cinnamon kick
- 1 orange
- 2 small apples
- half of a lemon
- 1 glass orangejuice
- 1 handfull roketsalad
- 1tsp hempseed
- a pinch cinnamon
green citrus spinach monster
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1tsp flexseed
- 1tsp spirulina powder
- 1handfull spinach
- 1glass applejuice
- small piece of ginger